Plantar Fasciitis is a condition of the foot where the tendon that runs along the bottom of your foot, from the heel to your toes, is inflamed and causes pain. On top of common pain relief measures, such as a proper warm up before physical and activity and taking a pain relief medication, you can incorporate these 5 ways to manage your pain!
At Home Remedies
- Stretch your Achilles – By doing calf stretches you will loosen the tension on your heel and will take stress off your plantar fascia
- Stretch and massage your Plantar Fascia – This is more effective than stretching your Achilles alone. You can do toe stretches, use a towel to stretch the bottom of your foot, or flex your foot up and down. Massaging the bottom of your foot will also aid in pain relief.
- Wear over-the-counter shoe inserts – Putting the arch of your foot into a correct position will relieve stress on your plantar fascia. A recent study also showed that pre-made orthotics produce better results than custom-made orthotics. For runners, be sure to replace old athletic shoes every 400-500 miles of use.
- Ice – Roll the bottom of your food on a frozen water bottle for 5-10 minutes to control inflammation. You can do so three or four times a day or after activity.
- Rest – Rest is a must to allow your tissues to heal. For runners, reduce your miles or slow down. Ongoing activity with only make symptoms worst.
At Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center, our expert physical therapists will develop specific exercise programs for our clients who suffer plantar fasciitis. Our personalized programs provide results in an affordable, fun, and healing environment.
Call Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center for any questions or to schedule an appointment! (714)997-5518
1111 W. Town and Country Rd. Ste. 1
Orange, CA 92868