Dr. Grace Walker, physical and occupational therapist and nutritionist wants you to consider visiting a professional physical therapist even though you may not be injured! Here are 5 benefits on visiting a physical therapist before you feel pain.
- Reassurance– Physical therapists can give you the green light you needed in order to feel completely comfortable working out again. If you’ve had a previous injury that’s been healed but still have that slight doubt, a licensed therapist can check that area and ensure that it has returned to normal function. Fear and hesitation in the gym or out on the field can lead to injuries.
- Prevention– Prevention, is the best cure for any injury or illness. A full evaluation by a physical therapist can evaluate where you may be prone to injuries and how to avoid those injuries by evaluating strength, proper muscle function, flexibility, range of motion (ROM) and much more.
- Education– Therapy is much more than what you do in the clinic but also what you walk away with. Physical Therapy can give you a better understanding of your specific body’s needs and how to better it. You will learn new exercises as well as proper form and aftercare to enhance your own personal wellness.
- Saving time and money– Healthcare is not cheap. With prevention and education you can eliminate a lot of unnecessary cost you would usually spend at the doctor. Therapists can also determine whether pain is from a joint or muscle with confidence allowing patients to possibly avoid the high costs of an MRI, x-ray or CT scan in non-emergency situations.
- Empowerment– Knowing more about how your body functions can be an amazing feeling. Physical therapy tends to lead patients to a healthier and happier life!
At Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center we have expert we develop specific exercise and stretching programs for specific patients, along with a variety of specialized treatments to reduce pain and regain range of motion and strength. We look at the “root cause” when treating patients to provide insight as to why the patient is experiencing pain, instead of just a quick fix! Call Walker Physical Therapy & Pain Center to schedule an appointment with an expert and caring physical therapist!
1111 W. Town and Country Rd. Ste. 1
Orange, CA 92868