Dr. Grace Walker, physical and occupational therapist and nutritionist says that “headaches are often the result of pain from the upper cervical extensor muscles” and that “headaches are often related to stress”.
When a person is under stress, they tend to tense their body and have poor posture (a head forward position adopted with chin jutting and upper cervical extension). The associated upper back and neck (cervical) muscles tighten, trigger points can be affected and pain may be experienced behind the eyes, towards the sides of your head, or near the temples of your forehead.
Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center’s program for headaches includes:
- Strengthening of the upper back (scapular) muscles to support the head and neck
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization
- Pressure point release to the head and neck
- Manage pain relief. Including the 830MLaser and ice
- Personalized home exercise program
Call Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center to schedule an appointment with our expert physical therapists that are experienced in pain relief! (714)997-5518
1111 W Town and Country Road Ste 1
Orange, CA 92868by