Dr. Grace Walker, physical and occupational therapist and nutritionist, wants to shed some light on the importance of exercise. According to The World Confederation for Physical Therapy, 70% of adults spend most of their time sitting, resulting in 6% of deaths. Physical activity is an essential part to a healthy life and avoiding exercise completely can lead to many complications along the way.
Here are 5 reasons to engage in physical activity on a regular basis:
- It keeps the pounds off– People who are overweight, due to lack of exercise, deal with more health complications than people who maintain a healthy body by engaging in physical activity.
- Increases your energy– Do you ever feel groggy in the middle of the day or even become tired from the easiest household chore? Regular exercise and physical activities boost your energy levels and reduce fatigue over time.
- Improve your sleep patterns– Exercise during the day allows for less restless nights and a deeper sleep during the night.
- Release more endorphins– Physical activity and exercise is not only beneficial to your physical well-being, but can greatly improve your mental health as well.
- Better your sex life– Regular exercise increases confidence, energy, and stamina, giving your sex life the boost that it needs.
At Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center, our mission is to inspire, educate and motivate clients. Our staff can help you with many physical ailments that might be impeding you from starting or continuing your exercise routine that is so vital to your health. To schedule a free consultation with one of our expert physical therapists call us at (714) 997-5518.
Walker Physical Therapy and Pain Center
1111 W. Town and Country Rd., Ste. 1
Orange, CA 92868